Regularly Scheduled Events
- Last Saturday before Lent.
Maple Syrup Festival - Third Weekend in March.
- Pickens Ramp
Supper - Usually the third Saturday in April.
Ramp Supper - Last Saturday in April.
- Pickens School Alumni/Senior Banquet - The Saturday before Mother’s Day. (Mother's Day is the second Sunday in May).
- Helvetia Cemetery Decoration - The Sunday before Father's Day Weekend. (Father's Day is the third Sunday in June.)
- Pickens Cemetery Decoration - The Sunday of Father's Day weekend. (Father's Day is the third Sunday in June.)
- Follow Your Bliss Festival. A weekend in mid-June.
- Swiss National Day - The Saturday nearest August 1.
Fair - Second full weekend in September.
Mountain Run - Sunday of Fair Weekend.
Day. Nearest Saturday to October 20th.
- Helvetia Town Meeting - First Sunday in November.
- Thanksgiving Dinner - Fourth Thursday
- Feast of Sankt Nicholaus - The Saturday closest to the 5th of December. 304.924.6149.
- Governor Manchin Visit. On August 11, 2008, Governor and Mrs. Manchin traveled to Helvetia for dinner.During the visit, Governor Manchin committed $50,000 toward the construction of new restrooms for the Community Hall.
- The Travel Channel Taping. On October 22 and 23, 2008, a segment of "Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern" was taped in Helvetia.